From our recent research, we found out that a quite number of independent artists and artist managers surf the internet on a daily basis looking for platforms to sell their songs and make money from it. But finding a reliable source to sell your music has been a major challenge facing starters when it comes to digital music distribution.
iTunes and Spotify is, without doubt, the biggest online streaming and sale platform in the world right now with millions of subscribers and visitors monthly. There are lots of Distributors out there who charge you a fee before they upload your song on these big stores. But the sad part of this is their recurring charges. This simple mean, you will be paying at least $10 dollars every year if you want your songs to remain on these digital stores. Now the question is “what happens to your song if or when you don’t pay your recurring subscription fee? I am going to cover these questions in another post next week.
Second, A Paypal or a valid credit or debit card is required as a means of payment on the websites of these big music distributors like Tunecore before they can upload your song to iTunes, Spotify and the rest digital stores. So what happens if you don’t have a credit card or your card is restricted to pay for services only in your country like Nigeria? Possibly you won’t be able to have your songs distributed.
But In a few steps, I will take you through a simple process on how to distribute your songs to more than five major digital stores which include iTunes and Spotify. Continue reading…
- Open up your favorite Internet browser
- Goto Indiefy.net
- When the page opens Click on Distribute
- Then Scroll Down and Click on Apply
- Login with any of your social media accounts or Sign up with your email or your google account
- Fill out the Personal Information page (Artist name, phone number, country, and a clear image) and click the Continue button
- Fill the “About Music” page. (Make sure you write a good and convincing press release on the box that says “Describe your Project”) Click Continue
- Enter your social media handles in their respective boxes and click on Submit. (Make you enter more than one social media handle
After submission, the Indiefy team will process your application and send you a confirmation email after which you can then upload your MP3 file.
Below is the full video tutorial. Watch and subscribe to my youtube channel. You can also scroll down to the end of the page to leave your questions in the comment box.